Deena is 5 Point PT’s NYC Clinic Manager with over 17 years of experience as a physical therapist treating all genders with pelvic floor and orthopedic conditions. She has also been featured with Stacey on the Today Show’s Modern Motherhood series in a segment highlighting pelvic floor PT for postpartum conditions. Before relocating to NYC she worked for Northwestern Medicine’s Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy Program in Chicago, IL.
Deena’s passion for pelvic health began shortly after graduating PT school in 2005. Over the years she has taken extensive pelvic physical therapy course work through the Herman & Wallace Institute for Pelvic Rehabilitation and APTA’s Women’s Health Section. She is a manual therapist that uses visceral, myofascial, trigger point and strain/counterstain techniques during her treatments. Deena is also certified in ART for the Spine and in Myofascial Decompression Cupping Therapy Technique. She has worked as an orthopedic therapist in conjunction with pelvic health and is trained in running gait analysis and proper bike fitting. She is a triathlete and runner and understands the importance of using a multitude of exercises in conjunction with manual techniques to return her patients to sports and pain-free normal daily activities. She thoroughly enjoys the challenge of a difficult diagnosis including GI conditions, pelvic pain, urinary frequency/incontinence, as well as the journey of treating patients prenatally and then following up with them post-partum.
Degrees, Certifications, Research & Publications
- BS, Allied Health, University of Hartford (magna cum laude)
- MS, Physical Therapy, University of Hartford
- “Validity of Two Alternative Methods for Measuring Vertical Jump Height.” Published in Dec 2007 Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. Findings presented to Connecticut Physical Therapy Association and at APTA 2006 Combined Sections Meeting in San Diego, CA.
- Featured in the Today Show’s Modern Motherhood Series, 2019
- Myofascial Decompression Certified Clinician
- ART certified-Spine
- Herman and Wallace Institute-Teaching Assistant
- Member APTA